Information All Horse Owners Should Have at the Barn
- The phone number of your veterinarian, your cell phone or barn phone number. (Remember to stay off the phone that the vet is supposed to call you back on!)
- The exact address of the barn including fire number.
- If your horse is insured, all insurance information and emergency insurance contact numbers. Know what type of insurance coverage you have on your horse and what the insurance company will cover. Many insurance agencies will cover the actual colic surgery expense, but not the aftercare hospitalization once the surgery is completed.
- A list of people (and their phone numbers), that could possibly help in an emergency.
- A list of phone numbers for friends and haulers to trailer your horse if you do not have a trailer or if your vehicle or trailer is in the shop.